Re: how we document kernel software architecture

On Thu, 28 Feb 2013 09:03:22 -0500
Greg Troxel <gdt%ir.bbn.com@localhost> wrote:

> I wonder if it belongs in section 9, or as a document in the source
> tree, or perhaps just some huge comments.
In an ideal world it would be covered by The NetBSD Guide:
http://www.netbsd.org/docs/guide/en/
The chapters "VI. NetBSD User Land Programming" and "VII. NetBSD Kernel
Programming" seem to be the logical folow on to chapter "V. Building
the system". The Guide is the right place to draw the big picture,
leaving the details to the man pages.

I have this idea for some years now. Yet I still fail to modernize my
"NetBSD Device Driver Writing Guide" and transfer it to The Guide. :-(
--

\end{Jochen}

\ref{http://www.unixag-kl.fh-kl.de/~jkunz/}