Re: pmap_enter(9) rework

On Sat, Feb 02, 2013 at 01:29:26AM +0900, Toru Nishimura wrote:
> I feel boring that pmap_enter(9) can not avoid to
> have goto jumps for the logic simplity.  This indicates
> pmap_enter(9) is mistakenly designed and used for
> mulitple purposes in parallel.  Rework is seriously
> requested..

Which pmap_enter() are you talking about?  The one in
sys/arch/arm/arm32/pmap.c has no goto's at all.
The one in sys/arch/x86/x86/pmap.c has a few, but they're mostly "goto out"
things that seem pretty benign (plus a rather silly "goto same_pa" that
could be eliminated in about 30 seconds).
To me, it certainly does not feel like it's in serious need of rework.

Eric