On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 04:24:15PM -0600, Frank Zerangue wrote:
 > Migrating from 5.1.2 to 6.0.1 I have noticed many changes in the
 > virtual filesystem support interface. Can anyone point me to some
 > discussion or documentation of these changes?

That is oriented towards people maintaining out-of-tree filesystems,
but is supposed to at least mention all the incompatible changes.

If you have further questions, ask away.

 > Can anyone give me some insight in regard to the elimination of
 > PNBUF_PUT in tmpfs?

The handling of path buffers in namei and the namei results structure
was cleaned up a good deal. The SAVESTART and SAVENAME flags were both
eliminated entirely.

David A. Holland