Re: revert broken O_SEARCH

On Jan 13, 2013, at 11:29 AM, Christos Zoulas wrote:

> In article <74E9A033-B75C-45B8-BEEE-A7380BAA8692%gmail.com@localhost>,
> Garrett Cooper  <yanegomi%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

>>> ATF is available from pkgsrc and straight forward to install, so I tried
>>> on FreeBSD 9, but they do not have O_SEARCH:
>>
>>      ATF is available on FreeBSD CURRENT (and will be the defacto test
>> infrastructure for FreeBSD) as of last October and we're working towards
>> having a sane set of wrapper Makefiles for producing tests (based
>> largely on what jmmv did for NetBSD, but divergent because the build
>> systems are divergent).
>
> Would it make sense then to provide the tests as a shared separate repository
> managed by both projects? I think a large number of the tests can be shared.

        This is what I would like to happen (similar to LTP with Linux), but it
hasn't yet because of other items on my priority list of things to do. But, I
would really like working with someone at NetBSD (and hopefully eventually
DragonFlyBSD and OpenBSD) to make this a reality. Versioning would be the only
difficult thing that would need to be properly thought out because functional
requirements change over time, and as such some tests may or may not apply (or
the requirements may be different) between multiple OS distro versions.
Thanks!
-Garrett