Re: core statement on fexecve, O_EXEC, and O_SEARCH

On Tue, 4 Dec 2012 08:49:17 +0000 (UTC)
mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost (Michael van Elst) wrote:

> The descriptor is probably already "closed on exec" before the syscall
> tries to use it.

Nope. That happens later. I was looking through this code yesterday as
the topic interests me. The namei lookup happens pretty early on. I
haven't solved it, but the problem seems to be one of context - if you
try to execve /proc/self you'll also get ENOENT instead of the expected
EACCES.

Julian

--
3072D/F3A66B3A Julian Yon (2012 General Use) <pgp.2012%jry.me@localhost>