Re: Broadcast traffic on vlans leaks into the parent interface on NetBSD-5.1

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 07:27:56PM -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:
> dhcpd, last I checked, used bpf and not sockets.
> If dhcpd is bpf, I would suggest reading the bpf_tap calls in the
> driver.  It could be that if_wm.c has a spurious on.
> If it's not, I don't know what's going on.

I'll bet this has something to do with the hardware VLAN tagging.  I
don't think BPF groks the VLAN mbuf tags.

FWIW, I think that hardware VLAN tagging is a lot of pain for no gain
the way that NetBSD is doing it.

David Young    Urbana, IL    (217) 721-9981