Re: fexecve, round 2

On Apr 11,  9:48am, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
} On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 02:39:36PM +0000, Julian Yon wrote:
} > No, Emmanuel is right: "[...] use the O_EXEC flag when opening fd. In
} > this case, the application will not be able to perform a checksum test
} > since it will not be able to read the contents of the file." You can
} > open with --x but (correctly) you can't read from the file.
}
} And it means the standard mandates that one can execute without
} read access. Weird.

     Not weird at all.  This is the way Unix systems have been behaving
for as long as I can remember, and I've been working with Unix systems
for aproximately 20 years.

}-- End of excerpt from Emmanuel Dreyfus