Re: suenv

Christos Zoulas <> wrote:

> The threaded/non-threaded case is a particularly nasty
> example, where a program might assume that it can use static storage
> and non-threaded interfaces (res_foo() instead of res_nfoo(),
> getdbfoo() instead of getdbfoo_r()) and then suddenly it finds
> itself in a threaded environment and potential heisen bugs.

Right, I see the risk here. But that just suggest that we should use
thread-safe API everywhere.

Anyway, a deepre look at PCSC-lite shows that despite pthread_create
being referenced, it is does not seems to be really
called. Its presence seems to be the consequence of code sharing between and pcscd.

I will try to patch so that does not use -lpthread
anymore, but even if it works, that patch will be hard to sell upstream.

Emmanuel Dreyfus