ACPI interpreter security

I've been looking recently at a variety of firmware rootkit sample code,
and discussions of how to mitigate it.

I am particuarly intrigued by the occasional mention I see that some
operating systems "sandbox" the ACPI AML interpreter, executing it with
most of the kernel memory unmapped.

How hard would it be to do this in NetBSD?

 Thor Lancelot Simon