Re: call for testing: completing the device/softc split

> > No problem, but I'd like to commit the following x68k ones
> >  - sys/arch/x68k/dev/ite.c
> >  - sys/arch/x68k/dev/itevar.h
> >  - sys/arch/x68k/dev/mha.c
> > (which would be fatal) separately so that I can use one commit log
> > to pullup request to netbsd-6.
>
> sure, go right ahead.

mha.c is done.

ite chnages seem to cause silent hang at early bootstrap at least on XM6i,
so I'll check it on real X68030 with serial console later.
(IIRC atari's ite also had annoying quirks around console probe code..)

> > > I also noticed that this patch fixes a problem on sparc,
> > > booting a -current sparc GENERIC + QUEUEDEBUG hits an assertion
> > > about the alldevs list being corrupted, whereas with this patch
> > > it's fine.  it wasn't obvious exactly what I fixed though.
> >
> > Some device_t/softc conversions in sys/arch/sparc/dev/fd.c and
> > sys/arch/sparc/sparc/memecc.c seem fatal.
> > Good catch :-)
>
> cool, I'll split those out and commit them separately too.
> or you can do it if you'd like.

These are also committed.
(at least no crash on qemu, though it doesn't have these devices)

Thanks!
---
Izumi Tsutsui