Re: call for testing: completing the device/softc split

> > It would be nice to split the patch into two parts,
> > cosmetic only changes (struct device * -> device_t,
> > device_xname() macro etc) and actual split
> > (CFATTACH_DECL -> CFATTACH_DECL_NEW with softc)
> > that could have many pitfalls. (conversion between
> > device_t and softc via (void *) casts/pointers)
>
> yea, that would have been a better way to go about it,
> but at this point the changes are pretty hopelessly intertwined.
> separating them by hand now just isn't practical.

No problem, but I'd like to commit the following x68k ones
 - sys/arch/x68k/dev/ite.c
 - sys/arch/x68k/dev/itevar.h
 - sys/arch/x68k/dev/mha.c
(which would be fatal) separately so that I can use one commit log
to pullup request to netbsd-6.

> I also noticed that this patch fixes a problem on sparc,
> booting a -current sparc GENERIC + QUEUEDEBUG hits an assertion
> about the alldevs list being corrupted, whereas with this patch
> it's fine.  it wasn't obvious exactly what I fixed though.

Some device_t/softc conversions in sys/arch/sparc/dev/fd.c and
sys/arch/sparc/sparc/memecc.c seem fatal.
Good catch :-)

---
Izumi Tsutsui