Re: compat_linux and AIO

> Is there any advantage to using aio rather than regular I/O from threads?  I$

I suspect this is mostly a question of what you're used to.  I find
nothing particularly intuitive or unintuitive about either - but I went
through my larval phase on VMS, which (like the RSX/11M mentioned
upthread) did I/O async, with sync calls just starting the operation
async and immediately blocking until it finishes.  Indeed, the very
name of the operation (QIO) meant "queue I/O".  (This was fairly old
VMS by now; I don't know how close it is to modern VMS.)

\ / Ribbon Campaign