Re: CVS commit: src

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 11:20:47PM -0700, Matt Thomas wrote:
> _UC_TLSBASE is an MD thing.

iMO it is a MI interface with a MD implementation. It just says whether
TLS is part of struct mcontext or not. The MD code can handle that in
the kernel or in userland if that is possible.

> Defining it unconditionally bloats things.
> For instance, if _UC_TLSBASE isn't defined, pthread_setcontext doesn't
> need to do anything except call setcontext.  That's a win.

But do we have any port that are in this situation? I understand
they all change the TLS pointer with setcontext.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
manu%netbsd.org@localhost