Re: sysmon_envsys ENVSYS_INDICATOR state change reports

I'll have a look...

On Sun, 26 Aug 2012, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

while hacking on mfi(4), I found that, while sysmon_envsys(9) reports
state change for ENVSYS_DRIVE sensors, such as:
mfi0: normal state on 'mfi0:0' (online)
mfi0: normal state on 'mfi0:1' (online)

but it doesn't do for ENVSYS_INDICATOR sensors. All sensors starts
in state ENVSYS_SINVALID, and the status gets updated later by
calls to mfi_sensor_refresh() from sysmon_envsys.
Why are changes to ENVSYS_INDICATOR nor reported, and would it make
sense to have changes to ENVSYS_INDICATOR be reported too ?

Manuel Bouyer <>

| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at    |