Re: Raidframe and disk strategy

        hello.  Thanks for the quick reply.  My understanding is that the
disk drivers which implement selectable queueing algorithms, do so by
selecting the default strategy at boot time and then letting the user
select the strategy they want to use with the dkctl(8) utility by means of
the DIOCGSTRATEGY and DIOCSSETRATEGY ioctls.  I would propose doing the
same thing for the raidframe driver.  Right now, unless I'm seriously
missing something, it's not possible to change the disk strategy for any
raid device, whether its configured manually or with the autoconfigure
routines.  It's also not clear to me that there needs to be any changes to
the component labels to support this feature.  IN fact, unless the
administrator runs dkctl(8) against the raid device, the patches I'm
thinking of will cause raidframe to behave as it always has,just allowing
the administrator to change the queuing strategy as he can with wd or sd or
ld disks.
        I'll cook up a patch and send it out for people to fly with so that my
ramblings make more sense.
-thanks
-Brian