Re: SAS scsibus target numbering

On Thu, 26 Jul 2012, Edgar Fuß wrote:

> > You can change them arbitrarily by messing with mpt
> > either from BIOS or their command line utilities.
> I tried the BIOS configuration (the one you get by typing Ctrl-C
> at the right time, but I couldn't anything to assign target IDs.
> Do you remember where to find the relevant setting?

Sorry, I don't remember.  Most of the time I was using OpenBoot machines
rather than BIOS.  Also this works differently on different versions of
their firmware.

> What exactly do you refer tp by "their command line utilities"?

LSI distributes some command line utilities for Solaris and Windows and I
think they also have a GUI based config utility for Windows.

Eduardo