Re: pinning down dk? assignment

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 04:17:21PM +0200, Edgar Fuß wrote:
> Can I somehow pin down which dk? gets assigned to which GPT partition?

You can mount them by name. I have (on my non-GPT root disk):

NAME=sb2k5Root/a        /       ffs     rw,log           1 1
NAME=sb2k5Root/b        none    swap    sw,dp            0 0

in /etc/fstab. With gpt you can label the partitions with arbitrary names
(instead of the disklabel volume name/partition that I use above).

Martin