Re: why does raidframe retry I/O 5 times

        Hello.  While I agree with Manuel's assertion that the system becomes
stalled while all these retries are happening, I actually like all the
retries, because I've actually seen drives finally wake up and either remap
and write sectors they were complaining about, or figure out how to correct
the read error they were getting and deliver the data.  FreeBSD times out
much more quickly and loses drives seemingly more often.  I'd rather see
the wd(4) and raidframe(4) drivers made mp save which I think will address
the stalling issue, mostly, while retaining the persistent nature of the
current scheme.
-Brian