re: File systems on 4k sector devices?

> > But that also means that you cannot copy an encrypted image to
> > a disk with different geometry. Someone has decide wether that's
> > worthwhile. In that case you can either build a blocking/deblocking
> > layer into cgd (ugly) or define that larger blocks are split into
> > individually encrypted chunks of 512 bytes.
>
> I believe either way, there are atomicity issues.  A converter might be
> in order or, as Christos suggested to me privately, just require the
> user to mount both disks and restore the data through the filesystem.

this doesn't help the case when you change the connection for the
disk and it changes the block size.

this happens with the 3TB sata disks i have that originally were in
USB enclosures.

at the time i fixed raidframe on such, it was decided that trying
to handle this case was non trivial and uncommon, but i'm starting
to wonder if it is just uncommon so far.

.mrg.