Re: File systems on 4k sector devices?

On Thu, 07 Jun 2012, Michael van Elst wrote:
WAPBL is an exception, the position and size of the journal is stored int terms of pyhsical disk sectors.

So if I use dd(1) or equivalent to copy the data from a disk with 512-byte sectors to a disk with 4096-byte sectors, and if the data includes a WAPBL wile system, then it won't work?

Can we fix this?
Can we fix it before next week, when I plan to upgrade my laptop's disk to one with 4kB sectors?

--apb (Alan Barrett)