Re: lwp resource limit

In article <20120524090652.GC8483%britannica.bec.de@localhost>,
Joerg Sonnenberger  <joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost> wrote:
>On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 07:37:19PM -0400, Christos Zoulas wrote:
>> This is a new resource limit to prevent users from exhausting kernel
>> resources that lwps use.
>
>Any reason for not using kern.maxproc as (hard) default limit?
>It doesn't make sense to allow less threads than processes and I'm not
>sure it is necessary to allow more threads, except that ulimit -p is
>kind of small.

Aside that having a separate limit is more flexible, and that current
maxproc is too small no. The current usage is that most processes have
just one thread, so what you are saying is true. It is simple to do either,
what do others think?

As a tangent, I also like what macosx did splitting maxproc and maxprocperuid.

christos