Re: Breaking out of the emulation dir

        hello. My understanding is that if namei can't find a file in the
/emul tree, it looks in the real root tree.  So, if you just remove all
traces of the thing you want in the real tree from the emnulation tree,
you'll achieve the results you seek.  The down side is that if you're
dealing with binary files which are potentially nonportable, you won't be
able to have different versions for different emulations.
-Brian