Re: Editing (new) quota for a new user

On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 05:58:46PM +0200, Edgar Fu? wrote:
 > I just started to play around with the new quota system.
 > I tried to set quotas for a user that didn't own any files on the
 > file system in question.
 > With an "interactive" edquota, I got
 >      edquota: /export/test (ufs/ffs quota v2):
 >      : bad format
 > With a edquota -h ... -s ..., I got a zero exit status, a following
 > "interactive" edquota showing what I entered, but repquota not showing
 > anything for that user.
 >
 > When I allocate a file for that user, edquota -h ... -s ... works, but an
 > "interactive" edquota throws the same error and disables that user's quota.
 >
 > Is this expected behaviour?

No. Well, some of it is. I'm pretty sure repquota doesn't print
entries for users with zero usage. If you use repquota -x you should
get output. Also try quota -v.

However, edquota is supposed to work. It is definitely possible that I
broke interactive edquota without noticing...

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost