Re: RAIDframe performance vs. stripe size

I don't know whether I'm getting this right.

In my understanding, the benefit of a large stripe size lies in
parallelisation: Suppose the stripe size is such that a file system block
fits on a single disc, i.e. stripe size = (file system block size)*(number
of "effective" discs). Then, if one (read) transfer makes disc A seek to
block X, there is a good chance that the next transfer can be satisfied
from disc B != A, making disc B seek to block Y in parallel. Or will this
(issuing requests to different discs in parallel) not happen on NetBSD?