Re: Thinking about "branes" for netbsd...

On Wed, May 02, 2012 at 02:49:43AM -0400, Mouse wrote:
 > > After spending some time thinking about what would be required to
 > > implement branes as part of the SMP networking project, [...]
 >
 > What's a brane in this context?  The only meaning I'm familiar with for
 > the term is from particle physics and makes no sense here.  I did a
 > little searching, and, while my Web-fu is admittedly weak, I didn't
 > find anything the least bit helpful.

As far as I can tell so far, the meaning has the same relationship to
the meaning from particle physics that, say, "functors" in ML have to
functors in category theory. Which is also similar to the relationship
that "functions" in C have to functions in math.

Can we come up with another term?

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost