Re: add disk size to "struct disk"?

> Design question: do you expect the checks to be performed in
> userland, so anyone can be free to have overlaps/overflows, or let
> the kernel do the checks and return errors using the size obtained
> through disk(9)?

Speaking as someone who occasionally causes overlaps and such
deliberately: I don't care, as long as, wherever it is, it's easy to
disable the check, or at least downgrade the error to a warning.

To put it another way, I think this is an good time to apply the
principle "Unix does not prevent you from doing stupid things, because
that would also prevent you from doing clever things".

\ / Ribbon Campaign