Re: CVS commit: src/sys/fs/puffs

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 10:58:19AM +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:
> Just to be sure I understand this correctly:
>  - old binaries do not set the flag and continue to work

>  - new binaries compiled against current sources need to be aware of this
>    behaviour and explicitly enable/disable it accordingly

Yes, if the flag is set, the filesystem must behave appropriately.

>  - the test source code has not been updated to deal with the ttl cahcing
>    yet, so is modified to disable it

In fact the test code is begging for trouble (but perhaps this is intended):
it just sets all valid PUFFS kernel flags without taking care of what
they do. It is just like if you called open(2) with O_MASK as the flags

Emmanuel Dreyfus