Re: loadable verbose message modules (was Re: Kernel panic codes)

On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 08:40:25PM -0500, David Young wrote:
 > > I am receiving trap type 6 code 0 and trap type 6 code 2 errors.
 >
 > I've been thinking that it would be nice if there were more kernel
 > modules that replaced or supplemented anonymous numbers with their name
 > or description.

While that's true, for this particular set of codes the strings should
just be compiled in.

(1) most of time one runs into them unexpectedly, so unless the module
is loaded by default (in which case, the plumbing becomes bloat) the
strings won't be available most of the time they're wanted.

(2) they're not at all large.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost