GSoC 2012 - Research converting system interfaces to XML

Hello,

I am interested in working under NetBSD for GSoC 2012. I have strong c
skill and background knowledge of kernel/tool-chain. When I was going
through through GSoC idea page, the  Research converting system
interfaces to XML project catch my eyes. However, I have some question
about this project:

1. What is the motivation and application to convert system interface to
XML?

2. How many c headers/interface should be convert to XML?

By the way, I am wondering to know whether there is anyone working for
this project?

Thanks a lot

Mitnick