Re: CVS commit: src/tests/modules

On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 03:33:18AM -0400, Matthew Mondor wrote:
> I like the kern.module.supported, or perhaps kern.module.enabled, as I
> have systems built without module loading support yet still have a few
> module sysctls around under that same hierarchy, and module.modular
> also seems ambiguous and redundant...

The question is complex, so I am for realy simple solutions.

  kern.module.modular = 1

means: options MODULAR was active when the kernel was built. If we go any
further, it gets tricky. We could name it "loadable", but then it becomes
fuzzy what that would mean: depending on current secmodel (and maybe
securelevel) only some modules may be loadable (via kern.module.autoload),
but others may not be.

  kern.module.custom_modules_loadable = 1

could answer the question wether arbitrary kobjs could be loaded, but then
it would need a more complex implementation (not realy hard, and maybe what
the tests realy want to know).

Or: we do both of the above, and can then separately skip the tests with
proper messages like: "non modular kernel" or "module operations forbidden
(securelevel?)".

x86 users tend to forget we have some archs that run without options INSECURE
in standard kernels ;-)

Martin