Re: Finding the syscall number in a crash dump for a given process?

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 12:36:29AM -0700, Brian Buhrow wrote:
>       hello. I'm in the midst of debugging some ufs_rename patches I'm
> trying to get working under NetBSD-5, and I'm now trying to assertain what
> the miscrient lwp's were doing before they caused the panic.
>       I thought I could get the syscall from l->l_sysent, but no such luck.
> (gdb) print l->l_sysent
> $33 = (const struct sysent * volatile) 0x0
> (gdb)

You might manage to get the syscall number from the userspace call sequence.
Is l_sysent the value that appears to have the syscall number saved
in it on syscall entry?

Might be zero because you are in a child returning from fork??

        David

--
David Laight: david%l8s.co.uk@localhost