Re: Early panic in uvm_map_prepare()

Hi,

> I tried booting a Sun E3500 (sparc64) with today's current, but it dies early
> with:

>   panic: uvm_km_bootstrap: could not reserve kernel kmem

This turned out to be because the kernel map was not large enough for machines
with 8GB or more of main memory.  I've restricted sparc64 NKMEMPAGES to 2.5GB
in revision 1.49 of src/sys/arch/sparc64/include/param.h:

  http://mail-index.NetBSD.org/source-changes/2012/03/09/msg032636.html

Thanks,

  My other computer also runs NetBSD    /        Sailing at Newbiggin
        http://www.netbsd.org/        /   http://www.newbigginsailingclub.org/