Re: NetBSD-based file servers

        hello.  I've been using NetBSD in server environments, including file
server environments, for 15 years.  To me, the fact that you're still
running NetBSD-4 aand you've been able to get everything back in working
order after a series of unfortunate events, presumably after the machine
has run without a problem for many years is a real testament to NetBSD's
stability.  The Linux boxes I've used and administered in the same time
frame as I've run NetBSD have usually undergone some catastrophic software
failure
which has required they be brought down for a serious software overhaul.
NetBSD, on the other hand, generally upgrades smoothly from release to
release, allowing me to provide uninterrupted service on modern software
year after year.

-thanks
-Brian