RAIDframe reconstruction

I have raid1 consisting of sd2a..sd9a. sd3a failed, and I did something
presumably stupid: after detach-ing sd3 and scan-ing a replacement, instead
of raidctl -R /dev/sd3a raid1, I did raidctl -a /dev/sd3a raid1, and, as
that didn't start a reconstruction, raidctl -F /dev/sd3a raid1, which did
start a reconstruction.

After the reconstruction succeeded, RAIDframe seems to be confused about
the state of sd3a:

Components:
           /dev/sd2a: optimal
           /dev/sd3a: spared
           /dev/sd4a: optimal
           /dev/sd5a: optimal
           /dev/sd6a: optimal
           /dev/sd7a: optimal
           /dev/sd8a: optimal
           /dev/sd9a: optimal
Spares:
           /dev/sd3a: used_spare
Component label for /dev/sd2a:
   Row: 0, Column: 0, Num Rows: 1, Num Columns: 8
[...]
/dev/sd3a status is: spared.  Skipping label.
Component label for /dev/sd4a:
   Row: 0, Column: 2, Num Rows: 1, Num Columns: 8
[...]
Component label for /dev/sd5a:
   Row: 0, Column: 3, Num Rows: 1, Num Columns: 8
[...]
Component label for /dev/sd6a:
   Row: 0, Column: 4, Num Rows: 1, Num Columns: 8
[...]
Component label for /dev/sd7a:
   Row: 0, Column: 5, Num Rows: 1, Num Columns: 8
[...]
Component label for /dev/sd8a:
   Row: 0, Column: 6, Num Rows: 1, Num Columns: 8
[...]
Component label for /dev/sd9a:
   Row: 0, Column: 7, Num Rows: 1, Num Columns: 8
[...]
raidctl: ioctl (RAIDFRAME_GET_COMPONENT_LABEL) failed: Invalid argument

How do I get out of this? Would unconfiguring raid1 and re-configuring it work?
Or how can I make sure what has really been written to the component label
of sd3a?