Re: extended attributes and lsextattr/extattr_list_file

> YAMAMOTO Takashi <> wrote:
>> > We will need some macro to discover what API is available: FreeBSD-line
>> > in 5.x and Linux-like in 6.0.
>> i was assuming we have no releases on which the freebsd-style API is
>> actually usable.  it it wrong?
> Yes, you are right.
> I committed code in glusterfs that used it, but it is #ifndef
> HAVE_SYS_XATTR_H, therefore that will automatically revert to
> Linux-style API when <sys/xattr.h> is availale.
> Therefore we have no problem.

then i'd propose:
        1. convert in-tree users to linux-style syscalls.
           in-tree users: src/usr.bin/extattr and libarchive?
        2. disable freebsd-style syscalls.  but leave VOPs and filesystems
           as is for now.
        3. disable freebsd-style syscalls and in-tree users for netbsd-5.

is it ok for you?