Re: Implementing mount_union(8) into vfs (for -o union)?

On Sat, 28 Jan 2012, Julian Fagir wrote:
I've just been trying to mount a tmpfs over a read-only root file system. Unfortunately, this won't work just by mounting a tmpfs with option union over the root file system. You'd have to create a tmpfs, and mount that one with mount_union(8) over the root file system, which is again not possible.

I read your message twice and I still don't know what you mean. Could you give examples of the commands that you use, and the errors.

--apb (Alan Barrett)