Re: buffer cache & ufs changes (preliminary ffsv2 extattr support)

On Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 08:37:37PM +0100, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
 > I don't think I'll be able to have this ready for netbsd-6, but I now know
 > this requires 2 changes that will require a kernel version bump, so theses
 > changes needs to go in before netbsd-6 is branched so that full
 > extended attributes support can be pulled up later.
 > The fisrt change is to the buffer cache.

My first reaction is that I don't think it's a good idea to make major
changes to the buffer cache at this stage in a release cycle. It's not
exactly the most robust or stable code we have in the system.

(Also, you're aware that it isn't used for file data blocks, right?)

David A. Holland