Re: PUFFS and existing file that get ENOENT

Emmanuel Dreyfus <> wrote:

> Hence I come to the conclusion that it may come from
> sys/kern/vfs_lookup.c, but it is very unlikely that there is a bug there
> that went unnoticed for other filesystems.

Further investigation shows that this ENOENT is returned by vget() call
in puffs_cookie2vnode(). That suggests some kind of race condition, but
that is not obvious. It means a vnode has been created on a lookup, then
it gets recycled while looking up one of its child.

Emmanuel Dreyfus