[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
Re: patch: MFSv3 support (libsa) for boot2 (i386)
Evgeniy Ivanov wrote:
> Here're patches to implement MINIX File System v3 support in libsa.
> Support for MFS is added to the boot2 for i386.
- I don't know about MINIX FS v3, but it looks similar to Linux Ext2fs.
Is it difficult to share some code among them?
- Do you have any plan to add kernel support for the MINIX FS v3?
If not, are changes outside sys/libsa necessary?
(common/lib/libutil, libkern/xlat_mbr_fstype.c, sys/disk.h etc.)
- What environment do you test these loaders?
Is there any tool to create/check these file system like
e2fsprogs for Ext2fs?
- There are some "XXX should handle LARGEFILE" comments (that I put
for ext2fs REV1 inode), but does MINIX FS have the similar member?
It doesn't seem there are extra members in struct mfs_dinode.
- struct mfs_sblock seems to have many uint16_t and one char members.
Probably it's better to put explicit padding and specify __packed
to avoid unexpected machine dependent alignment restrictions.
- in sys/lib/libsa/mfsv3.c:mfsv3_i_bswap()
- mdi_zone in is unused? (untesed on big endian?)
- (int16_t) cast to bswap16() is not necessary?
- zone_t is typedef'ed as uint32_t. Shouldn't mdi_zone members
also be swapped?
- in sys/lib/libsa/mfsv3.c:mfsv3_open()
- fsmod and fsmod2 are used to pass module info for bootloaders
to load. If currently no kernel support for MINIX FS,
fsmod and fsmod2 should be left nothing.
- Copyright notice seems inconsistent:
>> + * Copyright (c) 2011
>> + * Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam, The Netherlands. All rights reserved.
>> + *
>> + * Author: Evgeniy Ivanov (based on ext2fs.c).
Are you sure that the copyright holder is not you but VU?
>> + * This code is derived from software contributed to The NetBSD Foundation
>> + * by Martin Husemann.
Is this still valid statement or just pasto?
+ * THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE NETBSD FOUNDATION, INC. AND CONTRIBUTORS
Probably not TNF, but the author or copyright holders.
Main Index |
Thread Index |