Re: NetBSD/usermode (Was: CVS commit: src)

Le 22/12/11 18:00, Thor Lancelot Simon a écrit :
[snip]
Anyway, that's just one possible alternate approach.  Working through it
makes me really wonder whether there's _any_ portable way to do this stuff.
But I wish we could have a public discussion about it before hacking up
public interfaces in NetBSD to support one particular nonportable way.

What does usermode Linux do?

It seems they implemented new syscalls (and a specific PTRACE hook) in the host to allow execution of syscalls in another context, see

http://user-mode-linux.sourceforge.net/old/skas.html

jy