Re: Lost file-system story

Interesting situation.  I agree that after 30s to a minute that most
things should have been flushed.

As a side note, it would be interesting to benchmark async vs wapbl.

I have never really looked, but it has always seemed that it would be
nice to have:

  statistics visibility into the number of dirty  buffers/etc. in
  various caches

  a way to force flushes and clear caches (individually)

Specifically, I think it would be great if 'systat vmstat' had a count
of dirty buffers.

Perhaps this is doable now and I just don't know how.

Another question is if the disk had write caching enabled, but I would
also expect it to flush the write cache quickly.
It would be nice to have  visibility into that cache, but I don't know
if the ata interface supports it.