Re: wm(4) won't negotiate 1000-base-T with Cisco switches and won't operate with manual media settings

On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 10:27:17AM -0800, Brian Buhrow wrote:
>       hello.  thank you for that output.  Now, I have another question,
> still building on my theory.
>       Is it possible for you to set the media to 1000baset on this NIC,
> either with full duplex enabled or not, and establish link?  I'm going to
> guess not, but I'm still not entirely sure I understand all the moving
> parts, so I'd like to know without yet saying for sure where I think the
> trouble is.

In have to enable full duplex anyway, because the cisco doens't support
1000baseT HD.
depending on the order I do things, the cisco and NetBSD will show
link up or not, but despinte showing link up it's not working.
tcpdump shows incoming packets through, so it may be a send-only problem.
No errors on the cisco side.