Re: A simple cpufreq(9)

On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 01:02:52PM +0300, Jukka Ruohonen wrote:
> [2] Note that even in the x86 land it is no longer necessarily known which
>     is the exact MHz at which the CPU currently runs (cf. TurboBoost, etc.).

TurboBoost is a good reason for why "percent" is a bad measurement as
well. In fact, I find it more confusing. If a tool reports to the user
that NetBSD runs the CPU at 85% during a build.sh -j16, that's going to
result in surprising questions...

Consider making the "unit" of scaling an additional attribute of the
list and provide userland with:

id, data, unit

as list, get/set is using the id.

Joerg