Re: pty(4) 1024 bytes buffer limit

I wonder if the pty buffer size is what is limiting my pastes in xterms.

I notice them when pasting more than a few text lines (about 23 medium
filled lines is the limit in a quick test I just did; wc tells me 1025
characters including an extra newline to terminate the final partial
line) into vi inside screen in an xterm, but the limit equally applies
if I paste into a "wc" from stdin directly in an xterm (so screen and
vim are not to blame).

I'm pretty sure also that in the past there was no such limit, or at
least it was much higher.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert  -- There's no point being grown-up if you
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl    -- can't be childish sometimes. -The 4th Doctor