netbsd32 emulation in driver open() or read()

Hello,
I'm working on getting bpf(4) in a 64bit kernel play with a 32bit userland.
I've translated the ioctls, but I'm now stuck with read().
read(2) on a bpf device returns wire packets (no problems with this)
with a bpf-specific header in front of each packet. This bpf header is:
struct bpf_hdr {
        struct bpf_timeval bh_tstamp;   /* time stamp */
        uint32_t        bh_caplen;      /* length of captured portion */
        uint32_t        bh_datalen;     /* original length of packet */
        uint16_t        bh_hdrlen;      /* length of bpf header (this struct
                                           plus alignment padding) */
};
with:
struct bpf_timeval {
        long tv_sec;
        long tv_usec;
};

and this is the problem (sizeof(bpf_timeval) changes).
It doens't look easy to just move struct bpf_timeval to fixed-size types
(compat issues, I guess this would require a rename of open() or read()).
On the other hand, if bpf(4) did know if the program doing the
open() syscall is 32 or 64bits, it could appends the right header
(could also be done in read() but it's less easy: it would require
translating an existing buffer; while flagging it at open() time
allows to build the right buffer from start).
So: is there a way to know if the emulation used by a userland program
doing an open() is 32 or 64bit ?