Re: netbsd-5 deadlocks when memory is low

Manuel Bouyer <bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost> wrote:

> > Code from HEAD works much better: intead of freezing, it kills big
> > processes. It would be nice if we could reach that stage on netbsd-5:
> > having a system freezing is bad. It does not even reboots on its own.
> Are big processes killed even if there's free pages in swap ? If so,
> thats's probably wrong as well ...

I am currently running a build.sh release on a glusterfs volume on HEAD,
it did not get a SIGSEGV yet, but at least I can tell the swap is used:
Device      512-blocks     Used    Avail Capacity  Priority
/dev/xbd0b      262144   235000    27144    90%    0

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz