Re: zero-filed page on VOP_PUTPAGES

Matthias Scheler <> wrote:

> > and there is always valid data after the zeroed chunk.
> But is the valid data at the correct offset?

Yes it is. The data previously written since the beginning of the page
has just been wiped out, replaced by zeros. It happens on VOP_FSYNC, and
if I prevent flushvncache() from executing in
src/sys/fs/puffs/puffs_vnops.c, the problem disapear. Note that I still
get my data written to the filesystem since I have set
PUFFS_KFLAG_WTCACHE (WT probably stands for Write Through)

Emmanuel Dreyfus