Re: Adding linux_link(2) system call, second round

Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost> wrote:

> > You did not explain what problems it would introduce, did you?
> You are adding a lot of complexity to workaround portability issues of a
> single application.

It is not that complex. See the patch I posted this morning, the thing
is really simple, and it works quite well.

> Let's start the other way -- has FreeBSD added llink(2)?
> What about OSX? Solaris?

OSX did not in X.5, I do not know for the others. But we do not know if
developers of theses systems are aware of this portability problem. We
may be the first that got there, it does not means we have to be wrong.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz