Re: Sun keyboard on i386?

On Wed, 13 Jul 2011 16:16:30 -0400 (EDT)
Mouse <mouse%Rodents-Montreal.ORG@localhost> wrote:

> > Completely other solution, you may have a look at this:
> > http://www.kbdbabel.org/
[...]
> Protocol conversion is significantly more elaborate.
That is the reason why a kbdbabel needs a microcontroller...

> > Strange that you call a Sun type 3 keyboard "good".  They are one of
> > the most hideously keyboards I've come across.
> Keyboard taste is intensely personal.
This is exactely what I intended to express. :-)

> Contrast with the PS/2 interface which is a horrible error-prone botch
> designed, apparently, to save one wire on the cable - at least, I can't
> think of any other reason both directions' data would be wire-ORed
> together.
Well. Wired OR or AND isn't that umcommon in such applications. The
1-Wire Bus uses it, I²C, ...

> > Close to a DEC LK201.
> Good heavens, no.  The LK201 is mushier,
[...]
I see, we entirely agree on our opinion of the LK201. :-)
--

\end{Jochen}

\ref{http://www.unixag-kl.fh-kl.de/~jkunz/}