Re: extended attributes and lsextattr/extattr_list_file

On Fri, Jul 01, 2011 at 01:10:06AM +0000, YAMAMOTO Takashi wrote:
 > hi,
 >
 > > That said, even if you don't like the suggestion of using struct
 > > dirent, ISTM that the preferred user API for listing extended
 > > attributes should be something more like opendir/readdir.
 >
 > do you know any precedence?

No, other than the similarity of the functionality.

I suspect NT's multistream files might count as a precedent, but I
don't remember what the interface to those is like at all (having
blocked it out as best as possible...) and that's not enough like Unix
to count anyhow.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost